Through these leading-edge live conversations we will inquire into what it means to be an empowered woman in the 21st century. We will uncover myths, share commonalities, and discover valuable tools and practices that provide clarity, freedom, and inspire us all. BeingWE is a space where we get to step into the author role in our own life, rather than reacting to a life given to us by our environment or conditions. WE get to redefine our potential as women and leaders. We know you are a leader. That is why you are here.
- That each woman learns to experience her own greatness.
- Provide inspiration, enrichment, growth, training and development tools for ALL women — meeting them where they are at — at eye level — by engaging in authentic conversations that provide real value.
- Offer access to all women – especially those who may not have the resources for leadership and empowerment programming by inviting women to “pay it forward” and sponsor other women.
- Participants take home 1-2 new exercises or practices which can be easily applied in everyday life.
- Growing a strong, tightly-knit community of women in our local area who support each other and together make an impact on our region.
Keren Lifrak, Fire Starter (Founder)
Keren describes herself as a Multi-Potentialite Mom, and an on-going student of humanity. Over the past 25 years she’s worked both in corporate and non-profit arenas in Tel-Aviv, New York and Sarasota, Florida. Her background and fields of expertise cover the arts, special events and marketing, design, fundraising, and real estate. She has served on numerous boards and charitable committees. She is committed to making a difference with people, and that around her people are present to their own greatness. BeingWE was created to empower women in-line with these commitments, and provide a space where women can connect, and create whatever is important to them.
Aimee Chouinard, Creative Content & Promotion
Aimee has been in the communications and public relations industry since 2001. She was also a journalist for the Sarasota Herald-Tribune for eight years and the Retail Editor of Style Magazine for four years. Since incorporating Chouinard Consulting in January of 2012, she combines her experience as a writer and editor as well as a journalist and public relations professional to help others with brochures, newsletters, web sites and social media as well as office procedures and personnel. Her passion is capturing life stories, writing for real estate, food and travel publications as well as copywriting and editing books, biographies, web pages and more.
Aimee is a founding board member of the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professionals Group (YPG) and creator of the YPG Volunteer Opportunities Committee, which she created out of her training with Landmark Education. She is a graduate of Leadership Sarasota County and served on the Leadership Advisory Board, received gold and silver Addy Awards from the American Advertising Federation, and, in 2007, was named one of the top 40 professionals under the age of 40 on the Florida Gulf Coast. She has volunteered as a committee member/board member for many area non-profits and continues to be actively involved in our community through the support of organizations dear to her heart. She hires and works mainly with women and her favorite activity is to champion other females.
Supporters & Partners
- Is this event open only to women?
- In the spirit of inclusivity, all genders are welcome and invited to participate, but please note that our conversation topics are designed to explore the female human experience.
- My schedule is crazy and I can’t carve out 2-3 hours. Can I come and leave early?
- It is our hope that you’ll become able to make time for this conversation! But if you need to leave early, we totally understand. We ask that you please be considerate with your choice of seating.
- I’m not sure I can fit this into my budget, but I’d love to participate. Are there options?
- We have created an opportunity for all women to have a seat at the table. We invite women with the ability to lift others up to select a ticket that includes sponsoring another woman’s participation. If you would like to apply for a sponsorship, please contact us through the Contact page.